Evangelos Galitis, DDS, MSc
Dr Evangelos Galitis graduated from the School of Dentistry of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Between 2009-2011 he worked in the National health system of England and performed more than 10.000 dental treatments.
He attended the Graduate Program of the Clinic of Orofacial Pain and completed his Master’s Thesis in Oral Oncology, entitled
The effect of post-operative radiotherapy, with or without chemotherapy, on the function of oromaxillofacial system and on the quality of life in patients with oral squamous carcinoma. Athens 2017.
The reduction of the mouth opening at the level of trismus and the adverse effect on the quality of life of the cancer patients were the most important conclusions of the study, as it was highlighted by the increase of the symptoms in the EORTC QLQ C30 and HeadNeck35 questionnaires.
Research work, relative to Dental Oncology
Dr Galitis collaborated in international projects:
- Development of an Oral Health Quality of Life Module, phase I to IV of the EORTC Module development
- Update of the EORTC QLQ-H&N35, Phase I/III, Head and Neck Quality of Life Questionnaire Module
Honorary distinctions and Awards
International Symposium ALGOS 2017, RODOS, 2nd Award.
Dr Galitis was a co-author in the abstract entitled «salivary a-amylase levels, oral mucositis, pain and xerostomia in head and neck cancer patients, receiving radio/chemoradiotherapy: a preliminary report” with first author Dr M. kouri et al. The work received the 2nd Award in the International Symposium ALGOS 2017, RODOS.
Dr Galitis was invited to present part of his Master’s Thesis in the 6th Days of Oral Oncology, Athens, 22 October 2017, oraloncology.gr
1. The effect of post-operative radiotherapy, with or without chemotherapy, on the function of oromaxillofacial system and on the quality of life in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. E. Galitis. Master’s Thesis, Athens 2017.
2. Trismus and reduced quality of life in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma, who receive post-operative radiotherapy alone or combined with chemotherapy. E. Galitis, V. Droukas, V. Psarras, D. Galiti, E. Kyrodimos, M. Trichas, A. Psyrri, N. Papadogeorgakis, M. Kouri, E. Beli, V. Kouloulias.sumitted for publication,
3. Periodontal disease preceding osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) in cancer patients receiving antiresorptives alone or combined with targeted therapies: report of 5 cases and literature review. Nicolatou-Galitis O, Razis E, Galiti D, Galitis E, Labropoulos S, Tsimpidakis A, Sgouros J, Karampeazis A, Migliorati C. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 2015;120:699-706.
4. Stomatitis, gingivitis and periodontal abscess in a patient with metastatic renal cell carcinoma receiving temsirolimus and bevacizumab: A cumulative toxicity? Nicolatou-Galitis O, Koutsoukos KA, Galitis E, Bamias A, Dimopoulos MA. Mediterranean Oncology Journal-MOJ 2014;1:45-49.
Presentations in International Oncology Meetings
1. Localized alveolar bone disease prior to dental extraction in cancer patients treated with antiresorptives: an early stage of osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)? Erofili Papadopoulou, et al. O κος Γαλίτης συνεργάστηκε στην παρουσίαση, MASCC.org, Meeting in Washington, June 2017.
2. Dental extractions as part of the management strategy in patients with solid cancers and pre-existing osteonecrosis of the jaw stage 2. Athanasiadis I, Galitis E, Galiti D, Antoniou F, Koutinos G, Tzaninis D, Nicolatou-Galitis O. MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, USA. June 26-28, 2014. http://mascc2014.meetingxpert.net
3. Gingival and periodontal toxicity and osteonecrosis in patients receiving targeted therapies alone or combined with zolendronic acid: A case series and clinical implications. Nicolatou-Galitis O, Razis E, Galitis E, Tsimpoukis S, Koutsoukos K, Sgouros J, Soupos N, Nikolaidi A, Barbounis V, Migliorati C. MASCC/ISOO International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer. Miami, USA. June 26-28, 2014. http://mascc2014.meetingxpert.net
4. Dental extractions in oncology patients receiving intravenous bisphosphonates. A case series report. Vardas E, Nicolatou-Galitis O, Papadopoulou E, Galiti D, Galitis E, Kouri M, Razi E, Anagnostopoulos N, Megalakaki K, Bafaloukos D. Berlin, Germany, June 2013. http://mascc2013.meetingxpert.net
Educational International Seminars in Oral Oncology and in Oral Medicine
- Low Level Laser Therapy “Cold Laser” Training, Denver, Colorado, USA. July 31 2014.
- 1st MMOF Workshop on Jaw Osteonecrosis in medication. 3rd Congress of the Mediterranean Multidisciplinary Oncology Forum. Athens, Greece. October 24-26, 2013.
- A Practical Introduction to Laser in Dentistry Two Day Intensive Course, Accrington. September 17-18, 2010.
- 7th Biennial Congress of the European Association of Oral Medicine (EAOM) and 26th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Academy of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine. Berlin, Germany. September 23-25, 2004.
Member of Scientific Societies
Dr Galitis is a member of:
- Athens Dental Association
- Hellenic Society of Oral Oncology
- Hellenic Society of Orofacial Pain.
- Hellenic Society of Head and Neck Cancer
- Mediterranean Multidisciplinary Oncology Forum (MMOF)